Monday, August 6, 2012

The end of an era

This marks my last post of the semester. I would like to take a second to reflect upon blogging. Being an old man that is grumpy and despises everything in some way, I was not thrilled when I learned we'd have to keep a blog. Thus far, however, it has not been that bad. I often spend great amounts of time writing quirky emails for friends and in ways just an extension of that. I really would like to make my blog a little more interesting and include some photos to supplement my writing.

In our last class, I was happy like most other students to be able to listen to life passed MAC. I am not sure how you selected this group of teachers, but they all seemed exemplary. I really hope that I can live up to their example and be as dedicated a teacher as they have become.

In terms of technology, I was a bit disappointed. I have never heard of internet working with such infrequency or failure of integration. Scarlett's wifi seemed to work quite well and all of their computers were up to spec. Is this a rarity? The kids all seemed very familiar with edmodo and technology in the classroom seemed to be in perfect harmony. Was I missled?! Many of the new tools we have learned about in class are rather new and so I think a few bugs should be expected. Youtube being banished is just silly though. I wish teaching and teaching with technology was just less of a struggle.

Until next time, I hope everyone enjoys our rather short summer break. May it be filled with technology and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment